Friday 27 January 2012

Beautiful Victoria Street Richmond

Diary entry, January 21st 2012

Finished applying for a position. Took three hours to write resume, cover letter and "Statement of Suitability".
 Decided to treat myself to a bowl of Pho in Victoria St.

Parked the car in the Aldi supermarket carpark and strolled to my favourite, Than Phoang. Beautiful day, hot, steamy. Chinese Spring Festival in full swing. Dragons and fireworks and young men and women from the Buddhist society blessing business's in their noisy manner.

Lovely people in Victoria Street. All those nice young men nodding and smiling at me. so friendly. Some even asked me what I was chasing. They obviously realise I can't read Chinese characters and are offering to assist with whatever it is I want to purchase. I declined their offers with good grace and continued on to my soup shop. But it restores your faith in humanity doesn't it.
Sat and ate my soup (Special Beef with with tendon) and the pretty young lady brought me ice water.
Strolled back to my car and passed the same young men smiling, winking, nodding. I smiled politely noticing they all had bad teeth and were, well, a little scruffy looking.

Asian people. So caring and helpful.

No comments: